Wednesday, May 9, 2007

thought update

Not going on too much recently. School is almost over at WM, which means by this time next year, I will be graduating. Scary thought. As much as I am going to miss college, I will miss the things that I didnt do. Starting with going abroad. I really should have applied to go abroad when I was a sophomore. But out of pure laziness, I didnt. I want to stay an another semester. Although I am not having a time of my life here, I would like to stay here longer and figure out more about myself and what Korea is going to be for me in the future. Whenever I talk to my friends here and tell them I went to the States when I was a fifth grader, I realize how long it has been since the last time I attended school in Korea. It has been a while. Many instances, people tell me I fit in well among other Koreans. But in many other instances, I feel in many ways, I am Americanized. Is this what they call an identity crisis? Or maybe I am just different.

I am gonna miss Korea when I leave. I dont know when I will be back and what I am going to be like when I come back. For the remaining time, I will make a great time out of it.

Things are going pretty descent. Did pretty well on Korean politics and Chinese politics exams, other classes are going pretty well too. But the Writing class is giving me hell. Basically, we learn how to write a paper, which I have been doing for years in college. For me it is completely unnecessary. Withdraw period is over but soon, I am going to go to the exchange students office to give them hell I have been in and try to drop the class.

Football team is going ok. It is fun and I like it. But the practice is way too unorganized. I talked to the coach about it. I will see what happens. As for Rotaract, we are going mountain climbing this Saturday. Should be fun.

I miss my car. I wish I get to travel more soon.

승우

2007.5.9.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Willy! Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I got a chance to get caught up on reading your blog. I like all the pictures, its nice to see where you live! Hope you are enjoying yourself, miss you! jaime