Friday, May 4, 2007

who would have imagined


ok, I am going to tell you about my place. I live outside the East Gate of the Yonsei University. It is about 5 minutes walk to the gate, 10 minutes to the New Millenium Hall, and 20 minutes to the Central Library. Walk to and back from the campus is a pain, so I dont usually come back until late night. Basically, all I do in my room is sleep. The house I live in has 4 floors. A family live in the basement. On the first floor, there is a bathroom, kitchen, washer, and four rooms which are rented out. A grandpa and a grandma, the owners, live on the second floor, and I live on the third. All floors are separated.

The third floor is actually the roof and my room is build on the roof. It is called 옥탑방 in Korean which literally means a room on the roof. I think 옥탑당 is the symbol of a stubborn, poor, jobless, unmarried man because it is so cheap and unpleasant to live on the roof. Bathroom is downstairs, cold during winters, hot during summers, small room, etc. But when I first found this place, I really liked it. The typical Seoul non-apt neighborhood like the one I live in is so crowed, if you opened a window, you would see the wall of the house next to yours. But here, I get to have the roof all by myself and I have an open view. Plus, I thought it would be interesting. Although it sucked when it was cold, and it will suck much more when it gets hot, I am pretty used to it. The worst part is the bathroom because it is on the first floor. But with nice weather and all, I am beginning to like it much more. Also, I never have to worry about me or my neighbor being obnoxious or loud. Overall, it is sweet.

Sometimes, I imagine living in the International House, which is the dorm for exchange students, because I barely know any exchange students. My experience at Yonsei would have been completely different. I wont go into that now, but I will add some pics of my place. Enjoy.

승우

2007.05.04

View #1

View #2

View #3

View #4







No comments: