Monday, April 16, 2007

craziness

Exam week starts this Wednesday. I have my Chinese Politics & Foreign Relations exam, Sports Massage, and Writings class exam this Thursday. Sports massage isnt really a big deal and writings I cant really study for. I dont know how the Chinese exam is going to be like. I have my Korean Politics in Transition exam next Monday.

I realized I am stressing more about exams here in Korea than back at William & Mary. Back in WM, I would study for my midterm exams the night before. Sometimes I didnt even study all that much for it. Maybe it was because of crew. (probably isnt) But I feel like it was much more relaxed. But here, it is really different. First, all classes are canceled for a week to devote solely on the exams. Plus, all extracurricular activities are canceled. So no football practices and volunteer stuff. Most importantly of all, the library is disgustingly full. I wish I can take pictures for you all to see. The library (Central Library as they call it) has six stories plus basement. Unlike WM, most spaces are solely devoted for cubicals. So yea, thousands of people crammed in and there isnt any empty spaces. It is a war trying to get a space. We have about 10 space issuing(?) machines in the lobby and 10 people are waiting front of their machine with their finger ready to press the keys as quickly as possible as ONE space frees up. So when one person returns their seat, whoever selects that seat on the machine the quickest wins. It is actually fun. To avoid this type of craziness, people come early... as early as crew practices to get a space. Oh and they are building an another library right behind the one we have now. Sweet. So yea, it is really intense here. So I am going with the flow here. I am in the library a lot. Too bad my actual working time is less than half than my time in the library. Ok, I have to fight an another war tomorrow so I got to go. Night.

승우

2007.4.16.

4 comments:

Michael said...

wow that's intense

but yeah the real reason for this post was to let you know that you might have been able to get a cabell apartment. as in around 2:30 today (1:20 before my timeslot) there were still 4 apartments left)
and if i remember correctly you're timeslot started around 1:30. Sorry dude, but I hear that at least koebley believes you should have first dibbs when it comes to living in the apartment with craig and whoever if that works for you.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that library story is hilarious/really depressing. grades dont transfer from abroad, do they? so who even cares how you do? well good luck anyway - i had my last 2 exams today so i am done until finals woohoo! i miss you willy!!! and did you hear about the shooting at tech today?? i dont know if you heard, 33 people were killed, we really dont know what's going on but its sooooo sad and horrible. if you have any friends there you should try to call them or facebook them or something. this crazy world... :-(...

Anonymous said...

oops that last comment was me (jaime)

adrianne said...

it's exactly the same here! impossible to find a spot in the library.