Sunday, April 8, 2007

Updates from Seoul

Few interesting things you might find interesting.

1. I always give people crap about no one ever being able to pronounce "Seoul." Well, apparently, I don't pronounce my name, Seungwoo, very well..... I have to repeat it multiple times. Or even better, someone just says it for me.

2. I look somewhat Western? According to some people, they can tell I grew up abroad by just looking at me. Also, I hear I talk a little funny.

3. All Yonsei people don't speak English at all according to them. Even professors. Except they got their Ph.Ds in the States and wrote multiple books in English.

I thought I had more. I will remember some more later.

Last night was the Freshman initiation for Eagles Football. It is a small club with about 20 members, which happens to be the biggest ever. However, we have great list of alumni who came to support us. Oldest alumus entered Yonsei back in '75 and others in the '80s and so on. Pretty amazing. I was not even born when they started and played football at Yonsei. Even more amazing how they still keep in touch with us and provide us with money and support. Other than that, it was lots of food and alcohol. Fun stuff.

Incoming Yonsei Eagles

I have been going to a dentist, which happens to be my uncle. It was my third time seeing a dentist past 10 years. All three times happens to be my uncle. Pretty cool.

The weather here is pretty crazy. It feels more like February than April. Combined with overcast, the weather here is depressing. I hear it is getting better though. It better get better...... Anyway, do you want to know what is on TV right now? CSI Miami. I have never seen that show. I did not expect to see it here. Oh and Korea now has Hooters and pretty much everything else in the States, Japan, and Europe. Ok that's enough. I got to go. Good night!

GO ME!!!

승우

2007.3.8

3 comments:

Michael said...

Pretty sweet, you had mentioned the initiation thing to me earlier, and I guess those are the pictures. what exactly are you doing in the last picture. Drinking? I guess that was obvious.

Anyway I commented on your blog... Oh and whats the deal with a few posts that are not in English... I guess it doesn't really matter, just wondering.

Michael said...

oh and congratulations on mispronoucing your own name... granted I probably don't say my own last name with a proper cape verdean accent, and I can't say my dads name at all, but yeah, I'll stop commenting now.

양승우 said...

i cant wait to go to africa. and i thought there is only one blog in korean? hmmm typical american whining about things not in english..... tsk tsk